Location: Nashville, Tennessee
The Nursing Assistant (Care Partner) assists with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse. This Nursing Assistant (Care Partner) role will work in the Burn ICU and Stepdown Department. This is an optimal position for a nursing student currently enrolled in a program of professional registered nursing and successful completion of the first semester of nursing school to include clinical nursing fundamentals.
$5,000 SIGNING BONUS for eligible new hires!
- The Vanderbilt Burn Center offers world-class care to burn patients of all ages. Our team is committed to the burn population by providing both physical and emotional support for patients and their families from the acute phase of care through discharge and beyond. Our team of staff members are welcoming, fun, team oriented, and committed to the care provided to our patients. The Burn Center is a 23 bed unit: 8 beds are dedicated to intensive care. The remaining 15 are used for either acute care or intensive care. Our unit specializes in caring for a diverse patient population with complex issues in a designated Level 1 burn center that cares for patients from over a 600 mile radius. A few of the procedures a nurse may perform during a typical shift include IV insertion, drawing blood, in and out catheterization, hydrotherapy (wound care), assisting with chest tube, central line, and arterial line placement, using rotoprone beds, and performing CRRT
- Visit Us!
- Days (7am-7pm)
- Nights (7pm-7am)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development:
* Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.