Location: Nampa, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Patient Support Oncology team.
St. Luke's is a nationally recognized leading healthcare organization where people like you drive our success. We are currently searching for a Registered Nurse to join our team! The Cancer Institute is a dynamic full-service outpatient hematology/oncology treatment center offering chemo/bio/and radiation therapies. Our RN's are the keystone to the complex, high-quality, compassionate care the communities of southern Idaho and eastern Oregon have come to expect of our organization.
This Oncology RN role is a Float position, supporting the Medical Oncology, Chemo Infusion, and Radiation Oncology areas. The Oncology RN will float between St. Luke's Cancer Institute Treasure Valley sites (Boise, Meridian, Nampa, and Fruitland). Main responsibilities include: patient education, care coordination, triage, assessing and managing chemotherapy/immunotherapy/radiation therapy patients and other tasks as assigned.
This is a full-time position, 1.0 FTE, Day shift. The Cancer Institute is closed on weekends and St. Luke's recognized holidays. We look forward to meeting you!
Start the 1st of the month following your start date.
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more...
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions
- Manages care of patients
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: Nursing Degree
- Experience: One (1) + years' RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
*** Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with One (1) + years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Nampa, in Canyon County, is located on the west end of the beautiful Treasure Valley. Approximately 30 minutes from the capital city of Boise, it features the perfect mixture of rural and urban living and boasts the strongest agricultural economies in the entire state. This being Idaho's largest metropolitan area. Nampa offers a rich environment with endless natural beauty, local history, culture and economic well-being.
Learn more about what Nampa has to offer you:
City of Nampa | Warhawk Air Museum | Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge | Wilson Ponds | Nampa Parks | Concerts at the Ford Idaho Center
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.