Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Field Nurse (RN) conducts in-home/field-based visits to address urgent clinical issues with Landmark/Optum patients. While on-site, the Field Nurse will evaluate patients and communicate, via telephone or secure video, with the supervising provider. The provider will direct the evaluation and care provided. All activities will fall within the employee’s scope of practice as set by the State they are practicing in.
Schedule: Ability to work a variety of shifts-Monday to Friday with possible weekends and rotating holidays. Shifts could include 10am-7pm 11am-8pm
Location: Ocala, FL and surrounding communities
If you reside in Ocala, FL and surrounding communities, you'll enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote role as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collect Patient Information: Vital signs, physical exam, point of care testing (E.g. - glucose levels), venipuncture, EKG, medication compliance and reconciliation, adherence to discharge instructions, etc.
- Patient treatment and procedures: Skilled at phlebotomy and IV placement and therapy, Catheter care and replacement. Administering nebulizer treatments, and teaching proper protocol, wound care, medication administration, etc. Treatment directives are only per the supervising Provider’s direction
- Patient education: Common chronic conditions and education topics include congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, hypertension, fall risk assessment, overall health literacy per the direction of the Provider
- Provider collaboration: Skilled at concise and articulate communication to remotely discuss evaluation and treatment with supervising Provider. This collaboration will occur during every patient visit unless the Field Nurse is following an approved protocol (e.g. Post-Hospital Visit)
- Care coordination: Schedule follow-up telephonic or in-home interactions as needed
- Documentation: Assist supervising Provider with documenting findings and outcomes of the visit
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Assoicates Degree (or higher) OR 2+ years of equivalent customer service experience
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida
- 2+ years of experience evaluating, assessing, and providing patient care
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with electronic medical records and mobile technology
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits and a valid driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 6+ months of Urgent care, emergency room, or community home health experience
- IV Certification
- Direct experience with the following tasks:
- Clinical intake, patient data collection
- Laboratory specimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of care testing, etc.)
- Performing basic wound care
- Peripheral IV Insertion
- Phlebotomy and Lab Req
- Injections: IM and SQ
- Reconstitution of medications: Rocephin and Solumedrol
- Glucose Testing
- Urine Chem Dip
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach. Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on empathy and building rapport with patients
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.