Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
(LPN $2,500) (RN $5,000)
Incentive Bonuses 2 times a year
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direction of the Provider, the Float Clinic Nurse provides direct patient care in accordance with Company protocols, established standards of nursing practice, and the FL Nurse Practice Act. Promptly screens patients with signs or symptoms of illness. Works with the clinical team for appropriate treatment, plan of care and disposition. Ensures patient monitoring and follow up. The Float Clinic Nurse role receives a 10% float differential that will remain intact as long as the incumbent remains in float status.
- Contributes to and supports the corporation's quality initiatives by planning, communicating and encouraging team and individual. Maintains a solid focus on quality and continuous improvement within job scope
- Maintains an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting the Provider in the monitoring of members’ health care needs
- Assists the Care Manager and Provider in the follow-up management of post-hospitalized or post-emergency room visits
- Comprehensively screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating physician to develop care plans that meet patients’ needs and result in appropriate quality care
- Provides condition specific patient education and anticipatory guidance, as well as care coordination, under the guidance of the Provider and/or Registered Nurse
- Maintains clinical documentation within the medical records assuring compliance within all guidelines
- Provides health teaching
- Provides direct nursing care, comfort measures, emotional support to patients
- Comprehensively screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating physician to identify referrals to care management
- Performs selected IV therapy and administers prescribed treatment per Provider order
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel to/from medical centers during the course of a normal workday at any time due to business need
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or ability to obtain in 90 days
- Valid Florida driver’s license, insurance and vehicle for work-related travel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Additional Requirements for LPNs:
- Certificate in Practical Nursing
- IV Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Valid Florida LPN licensure
Additional Requirements for RNs:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science
- Valid Florida RN license
- 2+ years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care
- Experience with electronic health records (EHR)
- Experience with MS Office
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.