Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Assists in the delivery of nursing care based upon nursing processes under the direction of a professional registered nurse. Coordinates clerical and reception duties at the nursing station. Requisitions supplies, equipment, services as directed. Coordinates communications between customers and staff. Follows hospital policy and procedures.
* Provides patient care based upon the nursing process in accordance with the hospitals mission & vision, as directed and observed by the RN/LPN.
* Ability to work under limited supervision and to follow written and oral instructions.
* Knowledge of biopsychosocial and spiritual aspects of human behavior ranging from infancy to geriatrics.
* Ability to demonstrate effective communications skills, empathy, and unconditional positive regard toward all patients and co-workers.
* Compliance with organizational requirements, including policies, procedures and regulations specific to the unit.
* Mechanism must be provided for contact of employee (i.e., beeper, telephone, emergency contact).
* Flexibility in schedule in order to meet the needs of the patients, community and staff.
* Participates in performance improvement to improve patient outcomes.
* Maintains annual education requirements prior to due date.
* Demonstrates professional behavior with a positive outlook during peak periods of activity and other stressful situations.
* Knowledge and implementation of standardized PPE regarding the prevention / transmission of infectious disease / isolation processes.
* Other duties assigned
* Delivery of clinical practice utilizing standards of practice and in accordance with the hospital's mission & vision.
* Able to answer telephones in an appropriate manner, input data into the computer, maintain logs, and schedule appointments
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Certified Nursing Assistant - Certification - Others
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.