Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Licensed Vocational Nurses within San Bernardino Medical Group support the efforts of the health care delivery team. Licensed Vocational Nurses perform a variety of medically related tasks within their licensure. They work closely with physicians and other nursing team members to provide quality patient care.
- Acts as a patient advocate in the coordination and delivery of quality Patient care.
- Maintains patients' dignity by protecting patients' rights to privacy, confidentiality, and safety
- Implements clinical care per San Bernardino Medical Groups policies and procedures
- Documents patient care in accordance with SBMG health care policies and procedures
- Adheres to SBMGs Infection Control and Safety policies and procedures
- Administers medication safely, accurately and in accordance with the state of California licensure
- Assist physician and patient with insurance authorizations by proper form initiation, correct CPT& ICD-10 coding, computer data entry, phone calls, interfacing professionally with HMO and Billing Office, faxes, and letters as relates and is appropriate
- Works as a team with all ancillary services to expedite and coordinate patient care
- Schedule and explain appointments and procedures
- Answers telephone calls, taking messages, referring calls to the doctor or licensed nurse as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited school of vocational nursing or completed state requirement for licensure
- Currently LVN licensure to practice in California
- BLS/CPR certification to be maintained throughout active employment
- IV Certified
- ACLS or PALS may be required depending on the area of assignment
- 1+ years of recent experience in an outpatient facility
- Experience in HMO
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.