All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule:Full Time 3 12 Hour shifts
Shift: Nights, 7:00PM-7:00AM
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
The role you’ll contribute:
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as Goodwill Ambassador, conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner.
Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or equivalent if hold a current CNA license or EMT license, OR
• Successfully completed first semester of an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, AND
• Proof of continued enrollment in an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, with no break in enrollment to exceed 1 year, OR
• Successful graduation from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Current Florida CNA license or Certified EMT license, OR
• Up to 1 year after graduation, may use the title Nurse Technician after successful graduation from ASN or BSN professional nursing program until:
• ATT (Authorization to Test) is received and/or
• Failed NCLEX twice
• The team member may remain as a Nurse Tech only the above length of time and only if a position is available and the team member has satisfactory evaluations.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
The Infusion Nurses Society (INS) is an international nonprofit organization representing infusion nurses and other clinicians who are engaged in the specialty practice of infusion therapy. Join Today >