Location: Margaretville, New York
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care of patients in the ED. Promotes teamwork with physicians, mid-level practitioners and personnel of other departments. Is accountable for adhering to all standards of emergency nursing care and for managing supplies and equipment.***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
- Register patients, obtaining signatures for consent of treatment and assignment of insurance benefits when registration is unavailable.
- Obtain copies of insurance cards and ID when registration is unavailable.
- Complete all ED forms with handwriting that is legible and neat.
- Assist in ED record documentation as allowed by NYSDOH. Obtain vital signs, complaint and height/weight as needed, completion of history and medication reconciliation.
- Enter orders.
- Perform fingersticks for glucose testing.
- Assist with ambulance communication, pre hospital and hospital, from the ED.
- Xerox copies of medical records.
- Assures proper charge items are entered into electronic medical record.
- Orders supplies as needed. Keeps the ED clean and neat.
- Retrieves medical records from HIM when department is closed.
- Performs 12 lead EKG's, applies cardiac monitor, NIBP, and pulse oximeter.
- Proficient in IV venipuncture skills.
- Ensures collection, labeling and delivery of specimens.
- Transports and moves patients safely and appropriately.
- Assist MD/PA/NP with surgical or invasive procedures, i.e. suturing, insertion of chest tubes, etc.
- Maintains sterile/aseptic technique.
- Cleans instruments in proper solution for return to Central Supply.
- Obtains ice from acute care for ED use.
- Assists on acute care when there are no ED patients.
- Is knowledgeable of location, care and use of emergency department.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures specific to the ED.
- Additional duties as assigned.formance Appraisal
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed in the State of New York. Membership in a professional organization suggested.
- Minimum of one year of acute care experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years critical care or emergency room experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Knowledge of appropriate technology and practice standards for area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills; knowledge of Hospital structure, objectives and standards of practice, positive communication skills.
- NYS Registered Nurse license required.
- Basic Life Support, ACLS, and PALS certifications required.
- TNCC and ENPC certification required within one year. CEN preferred.
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County's most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.