Private Hematology/Oncology practice seeking an experienced RN to work in our outpatient infusion center in San Diego, California. We are a 7-physician group that offers a full range of oncology services in an atmosphere that is friendly, cooperative, and professional. You will be a valued part of the cancer care team, providing daily support to patients undergoing treatment and collaborating with treating physicians.
- Assessment of patients with complex diagnoses and treatment plans
- Providing vascular access for medication administration either through PIV or CAD
- Administering chemotherapy and supportive medications
- Educating patients and families on medications and assisting with side effect management
- No nights or weekends
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Onsite BLS training and re-certification
- Additional funds for educational expenses
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Current California RN License
- Current BLS certification
- Excellent IV skills
- ONS certification is required within 6 months of hire
- OCN preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with computerized medical records
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and compassionate
- Able to work well as part of a team
Internal Number: 3075
About Medical Oncology Associates of San Diego
Medical Oncology Associates of San Diego (MOASD) offers a complete range of oncology services in an atmosphere of professionalism, encouragement and understanding. MOASD provides personalized care for the detection, diagnosis, treatment, support and follow-up of cancer patients and their families.
Our offices are within the Sharp Outpatient Pavilion, designed specifically to meet the needs of individuals diagnosed with cancer. Recognizing the importance of providing all services "under one roof", our offices house a medical oncology infusion center, physician offices and exam rooms, and on-site registration. State of the art radiology, radiation oncology, and outpatient surgical services are available in other parts of the building. MOASD operates satellite facilities adjacent to Alvarado Hospital, Scripps Mercy Hospital, and Sharp Coronado Hospital.
Physicians at MOASD are board certified medical and surgical oncologists. All of the nurses at MOASD have years of experience in working with cancer patients, and receive ongoing advanced training in oncology care. Additionally, MOASD provides numerous services to assist cancer patients and their families.